Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tecloaders and Pistol Grip?

TGibe

I have an 1187 setup for Open with optic, tecloaders, arrendondo chute, and a Choate Pistol grip synthetic stock. I am new to tac-shotgun stuff, and plan to shoot some 3-gun matches next year. The tecloaders work pretty well, but with the pistol grip the angle seems a little steep and requires just the right touch to get lined up before I shove the rounds in...

Do most folks using tecloaders prefer to use a standard stock?

Does the pistol grip provide a significant enough competitive advantage to just deal with the loading challenges?

Thanks in advance.

Allen

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update - So I ordered a monte carlo style stock to replace my pistol grip stock and now the tecloaders line up perfectly with the arrendondo chute. This dramatically improves reloading. The montecarlo stock allows me to get a better cheek weld while using the optic.

:cheers:

I saw a picture somewhere of a shotgun with a pistol grip stock and a chute and the guy mounted a stick to it. Once he fired several rounds he just zipped it in and the stick fell away. It was different but it worked. Other than that I don't see an advantage. I can hold my Benelli tighter to my shoulder with a conventional stock and I'd rather have the advantage of the sticks over the stock. Who wants to hand load a shotgun anyways, welcome to open.

TGibe,

Different strokes for different folks. Shooting buddy Bill Sahlberg from Spokane WA. and former USPSA Jr. Coordinator likes nothing but pistol grips on his Benelli Open SG and has no problems with sticking the Tech Loaders.

Now with the Remingtons I am not sure how the angle is different but perhaps it just makes it harder?

You are on the right path with trial and error but searching here on the forum usually keeps the cost down because most of the time someone else here has done the research. Anyone?

Come play with us at the Kitsap pistol and SG match this coming Saturday :rolleyes:

RLTW,

Busyhawk

I saw a picture somewhere of a shotgun with a pistol grip stock and a chute and the guy mounted a stick to it. Once he fired several rounds he just zipped it in and the stick fell away. It was different but it worked. Other than that I don't see an advantage. I can hold my Benelli tighter to my shoulder with a conventional stock and I'd rather have the advantage of the sticks over the stock. Who wants to hand load a shotgun anyways, welcome to open.

I just went the standard way with tecloaders and am happy. I am loving open.. :cheers:

TGibe,

Different strokes for different folks. Shooting buddy Bill Sahlberg from Spokane WA. and former USPSA Jr. Coordinator likes nothing but pistol grips on his Benelli Open SG and has no problems with sticking the Tech Loaders.

Now with the Remingtons I am not sure how the angle is different but perhaps it just makes it harder?

You are on the right path with trial and error but searching here on the forum usually keeps the cost down because most of the time someone else here has done the research. Anyone?

Come play with us at the Kitsap pistol and SG match this coming Saturday :rolleyes:

RLTW,

Busyhawk

Hi Scott,

There is a difference in the angle. I show it to you at Kitsap next Saturday.

Take care,

Allen