Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier scores back

Skulptor

I shot my first classifier last sunday. I just got the scores back today. 166.06 total. I guess that's ok for the second time shooting IDPA. But, I made some rookie mistakes that I know I could have shaved 10 off of the total. But after correcting the rookie issues, I'm afraid the "getting better thing" slows quite a bit. Getting the rythm and procedures down on what is required when shooting will help a lot. When I concentrate on that too much my "hits" taildive. But, getting better is the same way as to how you get to Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice! :D

We have another match this Sunday, which will be the last of the year. I hope the weather holds out. Then I guess I'll have to find an indoor range. <_< And do more dry firing.

Later guys!

Chaz

I shot my first classifier last sunday. I just got the scores back today. 166.06 total. I guess that's ok for the second time shooting IDPA. But, I made some rookie mistakes that I know I could have shaved 10 off of the total. But after correcting the rookie issues, I'm afraid the "getting better thing" slows quite a bit. Getting the rythm and procedures down on what is required when shooting will help a lot. When I concentrate on that too much my "hits" taildive. But, getting better is the same way as to how you get to Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice! :D

We have another match this Sunday, which will be the last of the year. I hope the weather holds out. Then I guess I'll have to find an indoor range. dry.gif And do more dry firing.

Later guys!

Chaz

Regardless of the discipline, shooting stages well (including the IDPA Classifier) is heavily influenced by experience. Keep at it and in short order you'll find that those mental distractions have been relegated to a back-burner automatic role, and you're only concentrating on the shooting.Your score will improve.

I shot the classifier in Oxford on the 30th as well. I was shooting SSP with my Gen4 G22. I think I'm going to go back to shooting 9mm, probably a G34, which will also serve for shooting 3-Gun (which I do a bunch of). I'd also kind of like to check out some USPSA, so I think the 34 will be the way to go.

My times looked like this:

Stage 1: 38.25 - I had 5 points down here.

Stage 2: 34.10 - 7 points down on this one.

Stage 3: 55.47 - 16.5 points down. Ugh.

Total time was 127.82. Missed Expert by 8ish seconds. No misses, just a lot of points down. I definitely need to tighten up on that.

This was my second IDPA experience as well and had a great time. I'd have liked to have made the shoot this coming Sunday, but I got mandated for a detail - so that's a no-go. After watching Panteao's IDPA DVD's, particularly Bob Vogel's, I think I have a pretty good idea on what I need to work on to improve. I'll work on that over the winter and hopefully be more prepared for next season!

:cheers:

Edited by Buckeye67