Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack question...

Fireant

The question is where does it say I can not? The book states I must declare a PF, what if I declare major, then I run out of ammo and have to go back to the truck and use some minor ammo to finish a stage. Now I have to be scored minor for the match. No chrono involved, I just know I'm not shooting major for the last stage.

You'd need to consult the RM in that case, at penalty of 10.6.1......

You're free to utilize 17 different kinds of ammo at a match, but we expect you to declare the proper power factor at registration, and to present all of it to chrono, if there is one.....

If you think you might need some of that minor ammo to finish the match -- the proper course would be to declare minor at registration. If you want to wait, to see if you need it, and declare major, well, there's a capacity limit that goes along with that choice. Declare major = 8 rounds in a magazine. Bust that (9 rounds in a mag), you're still shooting major, and are moved to open.....

If you later are moved to minor (following chrono, or following a conversation with an RM about needing to finish with minor ammo) you are then free to load to 10 in a mag.....

Solution there is to ask to be spot check chronod with the minor rounds. It will immediately drop you to minor and you can be on your merry way.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John's response is just an opinion, not an official ruling.

I believe that you can ask for an official ruling, by working with your AD like the way a ruling came around over the topic of paint in the mag well, as well as, mags in the front pocket issues. I hear that there will be a BOD meeting in December to discuss various topics. You may want to make sure this issue gets some attention if you feel strongly one way or the other about it.