Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This week's Rules Trivia

Sarge

I understand that "allows" means "makes it possible".

To my understanding a shooter would "allow" the gun to point uprange even if the wind turned the gun so that it points up range.

If you don't allow something to happen, that should also mean that you prevent that from happening even If you didn't cause that.

In that case it would clearly be a DQ.

Ps.

Please bear in mind that English is not my mother tounge.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It doesn't matter if you have positive control of the gun or not. If you cause it to fall, it's dropped in the COF - and dropped doesn't just mean hitting the ground. It can move without being controlled. ie. skidding across a table, aileron rolling, what have you. (I'm a pilot too, personally prefer snap rolls, but my eyeballs and stomach aren't strong enough). If the gun is moving without control, whether it be from a draw or flipping an unholstered basket - I'm pretty sure it's a dropped gun -- DQ.

You're right -- my bad. Went back and re-looked at 10.5.3. It isn't just 'dropped', it's, 'drops his handgun or causes it to fall, loaded or not.'

Concede the point. :bow:

Makes me think of a situation in which shooter sets gun on table, sits down and bumps weak leg of rickety range table, which caves in and gun slides down and off table. The real fault was using a crappy old wooden range table, but shooter did in fact bump table leg with his knee.