Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from SE Nebraska

norton1090

Hi all,

Not new to shooting but to this site. Have been shooting and hunting for years but I just started shooting "competevely". I say it like that because I shot at an actual shoot at an area gun club's zombie shoot yesterday.

What a blast!!! I am hooked like a crack head :D

One quick question, what is the benefit of shooting major factor vs. minor?

Several of the members invited me to come shoot an actual USPSA shoot this comming weekend so I am really trying to get info and I have noticed that most people choose to shoot major vs. minor when given the choice. Why?

As I see it there is a little larger scoring areas for major....is this true?

Hi all,

Not new to shooting but to this site. Have been shooting and hunting for years but I just started shooting "competevely". I say it like that because I shot at an actual shoot at an area gun club's zombie shoot yesterday.

What a blast!!! I am hooked like a crack head :D

One quick question, what is the benefit of shooting major factor vs. minor?

Several of the members invited me to come shoot an actual USPSA shoot this comming weekend so I am really trying to get info and I have noticed that most people choose to shoot major vs. minor when given the choice. Why?

As I see it there is a little larger scoring areas for major....is this true?

What kind of weapon are you using?

For Production there is no benefit for a "Major" power factor weapon since everything is scored "Minor". For Limited 10, Limited and Open there is a difference between the two. Basically, the scoring zones are the same size, but they are scored differently. For example, an "A" zone for Minor and Major is five points, however a "B" and "C" zone is four points for Major and three for Minor, and the "D" zone is two points for Major and one point for Minor. Check out all the details at http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the info.

I shot a stock XD9 5" Sunday. My perferred handgun is 1911 that is why I was asking about some of the rules.

I did get some of my questions answered yesterday by reading through the rules.

Riveting let me tell you. LOL.

I feel like I did alright using the XD9 especially only having shot about 150 rounds through the gun prior to the shoot. Finished 11 out of 61. So I might just stay with the production class and have fun with it until I learn more and get good enough that better equipment will actually make a difference.

Only changes I plan on making is better sights and maybe a better trigger, once I wade through all the opions on xd triggers.