Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Raleigh NC

bajadudes

Been shooting for many years ( 30+ ) but it was really only an occasional thing mostly for fun and only about 4-6 times a year. I am a pretty serious Beretta collector with about 16+ Beretta handguns. In the past year or two I got a serious shooting bug and have been having fun at the range 2-3 times a week shooting mostly at PDHSC in Raleigh, ( Chris Tilles place ). I have taken some one on one training classes with him and after shooting his SVI fell in freaking love with it. I have an SVI 38 super-comp sighttracker with a c-more sight and thumb rest and a plain Jane SVI 40 for limited.

Been messing around on my own because I was just too chicken/embarrassed to try a real match but I was recently in Naples FL and decided that since no one knew me and I probably won't be back for a year that I would go to an informal match at the Louland Range down there and not worry about making a fool out of myself. Well I did horribly with my 1st time jitters but I had an absolutely great time and everyone there made me feel very welcome. I used my 40 cal in limited and out of 16 shooters I came in 13 overall for all divisions and last in my division. I made the classic nervous blunders. Forgot to release safety twice, engaged the wrong target from the wrong spot, dropped my mag in the middle of a stage, grabbed it up, reinserted and racked the slide forgetting that there was already one in there and somehow jammed the gun up real nice. But at least I had no procedurals.....

In any case I had such a hoot that I am determined to keep trying and will do my first match here in Raleigh on Nov 5th at the Sir Walter Raleigh Gun Club. Hopefully I will have settled out those 1st time jitters and do a little better or at least finish without blunders.

Looking forward to lurk and learn especially since I am going to start reloading my own 38 super-comp and 40 cal ammo

Thanks in advance for being kind to a noob.

Edited by bajadudes

I've been hanging around for a few weeks now and there is great advice on the forum. I'm currently waiting on a RL550B so I'll join all the reloaders soon. I'm in upstate, SC so drop a note if you are ever in the area.

I've been hanging around for a few weeks now and there is great advice on the forum. I'm currently waiting on a RL550B so I'll join all the reloaders soon. I'm in upstate, SC so drop a note if you are ever in the area.

Thanks for the welcome and invite Gadgetech. Me and my brother-inlaw just went in on a Dillon 1050...can't wait to get started.