Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cold EL PREZ

dirtypool40

OK, I know Steve just posted about his 4.0 but I was pretty happy with this at the time too...

I am in Bolivia TDY, borrowing gear, and just sorta horseing around with some of the guys on some stages left over from the week before.

We start to talk classification, so I set up Bang and Clang and EL PREZ, I know the HF on both, so they can shoot them and with a quick calculation I can give them a %.

I explain, through interpreters, that for Limited a down zero run of 2.45 on B&C makes 100% in and a A/C or 54 point run of 4.97 is 100% for EL PREZ. I mention the times may be a little off when a reload is involved, like EL PREZ, and with the smaller "CLASSIC" targets.

We run each a few times, and the guys lineup where guessed they would, but they really tend to go for it, and crash a lot (like us).

Knowing I hold an "M" card in the US they ask what I shoot EL PREZ in. :mellow: I start hedging....no practice, smaler targets, mags behind hip, small magwell, borrowed gun. I am REALLY weasling. I offer that with my gear and practice I averaged in the 4.70s on our targets, but currently, cold and with borrowed gear I would be happy with a sub 6.0.

There was more murmuring and something akin to "yeah, what ever. Put up or shut up, gringo". :huh: I borrwed a gun, put a mag WAAAY back there (seemed like behind my back) and took the beep;

4.95 down 8. I'll take it B)

• 6 years later...

twikster,

The El Prez in USPSA (IPSC) is a turn and draw at 10y with the targets 1y part. IDPA runs a version of it with the targets 3y apart.

When and where did you shoot "IPSC"? Who did you shoot with? Chances are that somebody on here might know you and could have shot with you. cool.gif

Man. I can't remember what my El Prezes were but that is fast! I calculated that with 1.3s draw, .30s spilts, .35s transitions and a 1.5s reload... it's still 6s flat!! .25s splits at 10 yds A zones is damn fast. I'm jealous.