Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftec extractor in Trojan. 9mm or .38 super?

RAZZ

I'm ordering an Aftec for my Trojan 9mm, and I'm trying to figure out which model to get. I was hoping someone here could tell me if the Trojan uses a 9mm breech face or a .38 super breech face?

Thanks

Edited by RAZZ

I'm ordering an Aftec for my Trojan 9mm, and I'm trying to figure out which model to get. I was hoping someone here could tell me if the Trojan uses a 9mm breech face or a .38 super breech face?

Thanks

Order the 9MM AFTEC. It is based on the cartridge not the breach face.

Thanks

Order the 9MM AFTEC. It is based on the cartridge not the breach face.

Here is the note when ordering the Aftec, which is why I was asking:

NOTE on 9mm: If your slide has a true, 9mm breech face (like the SVI interchangable, some Caspians and Nowlins, order extractor #466-001-038. If your 9mm is built on a .38 Super Slide (most are) order extractor #466-001-009.

I spoke to Derek. He said STI doesn't have a true 9mm breech face, and most likely it's built on a .38 super slide. He said to be sure, however, you can measure your breech face. I also spoke to Bob at Brazos, who said the same thing, however, he said that older STIs may have a true 9mm breech face. He said to verify, you can look at the under side of the slide (stripper, I'm guessing) and it would be stamped '9.'