Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone got a.223 reloading recipe with Reloader 10x?

Tattoo

Im away from the house so i dont have the specifics but in my win 70 HV with 53 HPs a ladder test from 23.6-24.4 or so told me that this was a powder insensitive load. All rounds at 100 were well within 1" with little neet upward steps in velocity. I would think that for 55 fmjs you can save some money with cheaper powders.

55gr Hornady #2266 soft point with cannalure. CCI #400 standard small rifle primer, lake city once fired brass and 23 grains of RL10X with a case over all lenght of 2.20 with a light crimp worked good out of my 14.5 inch barrel. Went up to 23.5 but settled at 23. Now I use the new Alliant Power Pro Varmint powder. Same bullet, same primer, same case, same col, same crimp but 25.0 grains of the Power Pro Varmint and it shoots SUPER flat. @ 25 Yards and 100 yards point of impact is almost the same. @ 50 yards its about an inch high maybe less. No chrono data.. Sorry. And as always start low and work up. Both of those loads are a few tenths higher than the book loads but I have NO signs of pressure. Primers are still round on the edges. 5 reloads on the same batch of brass with the new loads and the primer pockets are still tight, they're re-sizing like normal and they're not stretching out to where they have to be trimmed everytime. Your mileage may vary though so I'd start at 22.0 for the RL10X and 24.0 for the Power Pro Varmint with standard small rifle primers and work up.

Mike

EDIT: Sorry, what I meant was with a 50 yard zero it has almost the same point of impact at 100 yards and a little less than an inch high at 25 yards. The rifle also has a low sight plane so that helps but it still is a super flat load.

Edited by Too Eazy