Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI trigger bow measurements

Extremo

These measurements are fron an STI Trojan standard trigger with the plastic pad.

OAL - 2.24"

Bow length (no plastic) - 1.728"

Plastic height - 0.908"

Bow Height - 0.168"

Bow Height at Pads - 0.231"

Hope this helps.

I have a new trigger from a 9mm edge and I have a trigger that I removed from a Fred Craig custom STI made in about 1997.

New

1.017 wide

1.7 long (front to the longest edge)

Old

1.021 wide

1.743 long(front to the longest edge)

The problem I am having is the new trigger bow is so short that on most of my mags the trigger hits the front of the magazine before the sear

is released. I am in the process of changing it out to see if my theory is right.

Great, thanks! Thats the info that I needed.

Do You have the hight of the bow as well?

Odd problem. Even if the new bow is .40 shorter there would still be lots of clearence. Does the bow touch the discon or do You have more than usual take up?

Edited by Extremo

I get 2.15 and 2.16.

I do not know what the problem is. There is more than unusual take up I tried to take it out and could not get the sear to release. My other problem is I do not know what I am doing. But I will figure it out. Right know I have 6 tuned SV mags and only one will work. Kinda sucks.

If You have a lot of take up then adjust it. You probably have a "tab" in the front of the bow, bend it forward and the bow will stay back and clear the mag.

Don't over-adjust it so You lose the take up and check the overtravel afterwards.