Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fewer shots taken than scored

ErikW

L2S, thanks for the comment, but this stuff makes my head hurt! :blink: Although, I certainly would rather hash this out here, than blow a call some day on the range that impacts someones match. ;)

Neil, thanks for the acorn analogy, as it does make sense when spelled out that way. Although, I don't have any oak trees nearby, so can I use Brood 17 Cicada's instead? That way, this question only comes up every 17 years... :lol:

Uncle Vinny, I 'think' I finally got it!! :wub: Even though it was ONE round, it scored TWO targets, so EACH target WAS engaged.... ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Vinny, I 'think' I finally got it!!  :wub:  Even though it was ONE round, it scored TWO targets, so EACH target WAS engaged....  ;)

Um, no, and I guess you're gonna need therapy at The IPSC Centre for Mentally Battered ROs. BTW, please tell 'em Uncle Vinny sent you, so I can get more Frequent Referrer Points. You see I've got enough steak knives for now, and I'd really like the Elvis Presley Greatest Hits CD collection :blink:

As I said in an earlier post, if a handgun competitor shoots one round at P1, but the shot knocks over P1 and P2, he didn't actually engage P2, which fell down solely due to bad course construction or a lucky shot (i.e. a partial bullet strayed off the edge of P1).

However since P2 fell down, you cannot give the competitor a procedural for failing to shoot at P2, because P2 was no longer available to be shot.

This is how Rule 9.1.5.4 kicks in. It deals with the matter without requiring a reshoot for REF, and it does so because (hopefully) the "magic bullet" was an exceptional lucky shot. On the other hand, its quite possible to shoot at two targets simultaneously in a Shotgun stage, because of the shot spread.

And sorry to belabour this matter, but I don't like giving answers without giving an explanation. It's the "teach a man how to fish" thing.