Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Finger Excercises

minnesota1

I'm posting this again, I guess my last one did not get on here. Anyway, I am a revolver type! :ph34r: I also enjoy shooting just about everything else. I am looking for some ways to strenthen my trigger finger and condition it for speed. I was wondering if anyone knows of any drills to help you with building up your "qucik muscles" in your fingers, including repetitions and sets involved in the drills. Perhaps someone knows what kind of doctor would specialize in the hand and fingers?

Shooting my 1911's I really don't think this would be needed but maybe it would help out, for me and my long pulling wheel gun I think it would help out. :) I do several forearm, wrist, and grip strenghtening excersises already but I just feel there's something I'm missing or could be doing to that one little finger! Maybe I need to do excersises in different sets or reps or something. I know some will say that I probably can't get to the next target before I could have the gun go off and that could be true but I still would like to try and improve on the strength and conditioning of my trigger finger. Your comments, feedback and referrals will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

mn,

You can find Steve Anderson's dryfire book and it has drills where you multiply press the trigger. I would think it would be an excellent conditioning tool for what you're after.

Buy the book. It will help immensely.

Also, I have a no connection with Steve other than a very happy customer.

I've spent some time on this myself. What I found is that you definately need to dryfire that revolver a LOT. But in live fire the most important thing for trigger speed is to let everything control recoil of the gun EXCEPT your trigger finger.

mn,

You can find Steve Anderson's dryfire book and it has drills where you multiply press the trigger.

Where can you find Steve Anderson's dryfire book? Call me ignorant, and many have ;) , but who is he?

Thanks,

Bob