Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Terra Nova

Merlin Orr

The show is slowly growing on me. It has it's problems, but so do most shows out these days IMO. The use of sonic weapons reminds me of the show Firefly, as the Alliance used those types of weapons.

Still have not figured out why the dinosaurs have not overrun and eaten the people in the compound, but I can overlook that for now.

The dinosaurs not killing a eating everyone is bugging me a lot. They drive those bad ass SUVs all over the place and go on secret outtings and nothing is wanting to kill and eat them. :wacko:

Still have not figured out why the dinosaurs have not overrun and eaten the people in the compound, but I can overlook that for now.

There is plenty of other food that do NOT have sonic weapons and don't fight back. Plus the wide open spaces surrounding the compound don't lend themselves to ambush hunting. Or maybe dinosaurs sampled a few humans and don't like the taste...kinda like how Great White Sharks tend to spit people out when they mistake humans for seals.

That's what I'm going with.

• 2 weeks later...

This past Monday's episode had great opportunities to do some real character development, but I felt the writers blew it and just went for the easy cliches. The show is getting demoted on my Tivo to record only if nothing else is on TV.

It's kind of sad that I got more entertainment watching a replay of an episode of the original Star Trek as compared to watching this Monday night's Terra Nova.

Edited by Skydiver