Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G 35 recoil springs

jcmios

I bought a G35 6 months ago and have added a metal guide rod and a 19lbs Wolff spring in it. I shoot 155 LSW and 180 FMJ in it. My question is what do most other 35 owners use in theirs? I have seen a lot of discussions that mention light and heavy springs but few mention the exact weight. My 35 functions 100% with my set up but was interested in what others use?

Thanks in advance

Jim

I bought a G35 6 months ago and have added a metal guide rod and a 19lbs Wolff spring in it. I shoot 155 LSW and 180 FMJ in it. My question is what do most other 35 owners use in theirs? I have seen a lot of discussions that mention light and heavy springs but few mention the exact weight. My 35 functions 100% with my set up but was interested in what others use?

Thanks in advance

Jim

jcmios, I have tried alot of different springs and the only thing I could get to work 100% and (this may sound funny) for the gun to sound like it was running slick when racking the slide was stock Glock springs. However I do use a SS rod. All other springs were binding at the front of the gun on my 35. But I would put them on a G17 or G22 and everything was fine. This goes for both ISMI and Wolff. Different rods did not make a difference. Right now and has been for about 9 months is a Wolff SS guide rod and a Stock 17lbs Glock spring that has 6 1/2 coils cut of off it. Hey.....It works. Hope this helps.

JLJ

I run Wolff springs and like them. I usually run a 15# with major, and a 12# with minor in the G35. I think you have too much spring in the gun. Too much spring will adversly affect the gun for most people. It will cause the shooter to do more work, again, at least for most people.

I ordered a 15lbs Wolff and a 15lbs ISMI spring and captured guide rod to function with it, and I have the stock spring also. I will put the gun through it's pases with all three spring setups with the differant amo I use. I will post the results this week weather providing.

Thanks again for al the great input on this subject.

Jim

I compared the Wolff and ISMI 15lbs springs and guide rods side by side. The 15lbs springs are defiantly the right springs for this gun and I had way too much spring with the 19lbs, though it functioned 100% with it it bucked a lot more. The factory spring was about the same as the 19 as far as recoil and sight recovery. The ISMI 15lbs spring and captured guide rod seemed to have a definite edge over the Wolff 15lbs spring and guide rod. The gun just seemed smoother and was a bit quicker on recovery.

I think I will be switching my other Glocks to the ISMI setup over time and I will also try the 13lbs spring in the G35 with my next order. I can't imagine it being much better as the gun recovers much quicker with the 15lbs spring.

Again thanks to everyone for your input.

Jim