Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship

potcc-announcement-enos.png

The "Pirates" of Texas Carbine will be bringing you a new Trophy Carbine match on Sunday, February 19th 2012. We are the veterans who brought you three previous state championships and we think our new club is ready to offer you another high quality, one day shooting experience at a reasonable price.

You will have seven great stages with interesting props along with an experienced staff and if you have been to one of our matches before you already know you will have fun.

We will be updating our website, texascarbine.com, with a dedicated section for this match very soon so standby for further details and if you have any interest in participating as a member of the match staff, please let us know.

Regards,

Michael "Maytag" McKinney

KB "Nightmare" Bayer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

potcc-announcement-enos.png

The "Pirates" of Texas Carbine will be bringing you a new Trophy Carbine match on Sunday, February 19th 2012. We are the veterans who brought you three previous state championships and we think our new club is ready to offer you another high quality, one day shooting experience at a reasonable price.

You will have seven great stages with interesting props along with an experienced staff and if you have been to one of our matches before you already know you will have fun.

We will be updating our website, texascarbine.com, with a dedicated section for this match very soon so standby for further details and if you have any interest in participating as a member of the match staff, please let us know.

Regards,

KB "Nightmare" Bayer

That's my birthday weekend and I can't think of a better way to spend it. So count me in.

Rather than have a separate section for the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship match on our Texas Carbine website, we decided it would be even better to have a dedicated site and it is online now, just click the link below.

The Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship Website

The application form will be up very soon.

The TC Team

Do you guys plan to do a prize table? If so how will it be traversed? Order of finish, random?

Speaking of prize tables, who is in charge of sponsors? I'd like to bring that info to Stag Arms. They have been very generous to me and the major 3 gun matches now that they are supporting 3 gun.

Im curious to see the rule sets as well. I think the points/time down for two Deltas is enough that an additional failure to neutralize is a little much.

I am also curious to see how the prize tables will be done. I don't attend matches just for the prizes but a random prize table gives me a random chance at recovering the $500-700 it costs for fly/drive/Hotel expenses. If I can shoot my way to a good prize that helps me pay for the matches I can shoot more matches. Simple as that. Do you guys plan to do a prize table? If so how will it be traversed? Order of finish, random?

Jesse: We are using Vickers Scoring with IDPA targets and the Failure To Neutralize penalty, (when there isn't at least one hit in the -1 zone,) is part and parcel to that scoring method. Texas Carbine chose Vickers over other possibilities because we want to encourage shooters to go as fast as they can and still shoot accurately. Beyond that association with IDPA, as we stated previously, we do not abide by any of the other IDPA BS at our carbine matches.

Regarding your prize table question..

Even though the two of us who started Texas Carbine were the co-match directors for all three of the previous Texas State Carbine Championships, this is the first big match for our new club and we are focusing on providing a quality match that is both fun and challenging. Any prizes donated to Texas Carbine will be distributed via random drawing. Most manufacturers encourage this method of awarding prizes to improve the sport by attracting new shooters and giving them an equal opportunity to win prizes.

I hope I have answered your questions adequately and that you will attend the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship. I am very confident you will not be disappointed.

The application form for the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship on Feb 19th, 2012 and hosted by Texas Carbine is now online at our website,

piratesoftexasmatch.com

Hopefully it and our FAQ page will answer most of your questions but if not, don't hesitate to ask here or, drop us an email via the Contact page.

The TC Team

Edited by Texas Carbine

No thanks required, Don that's our job and truthfully, we would have had the app up much sooner had I not gone overboard with the graphics. OCD strikes again. :D

Nonetheless, we most certainly appreciate the compliment and we're even more appreciative of that fact that you guys will be joining us on match day..that kind of news is definitely music to our ears.

• 1 month later...

After due consideration we have changed our minds on the Failure To Neutralize (FTN) penalty and we will remove it from the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship match scoring.

Also, a reminder that there are only two weeks left to take advantage of the early registration match fee.

The TC Team

We have been asked about the possibility of allowing more that 30-round mags in the Open Division. Our original thinking was anything goes, but the Addendum page of our application under Magazines isn't as clear as it might be I guess and gives the impression that no more than 30 rounds may be used. Before we change anything however, we want to know what the shooters in the class want. To quote Bill O'Reilly "What say you?" So, if you are an Open shooter, we would appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

We have been asked about the possibility of allowing more that 30-round mags in the Open Division. Our original thinking was anything goes, but the Addendum page of our application under Magazines isn't as clear as it might be I guess and gives the impression that no more than 30 rounds may be used. Before we change anything however, we want to know what the shooters in the class want. To quote Bill O'Reilly "What say you?" So, if you are an Open shooter, we would appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

I have a big vote Yes for more than 30 rd mags for open class open should be unlimited .

The people have spoken, "Open" is open, so break out your GPS-sighted, laser-guided, belt-fed, electric, crew-served blaster and let 'er rip. Translation: there is NO limit on magazines or accessories for shooters in the Open division at any Texas Carbine event.

Additionally, with the elimination of the Failure to Neutralize penalty, we had to adjust other penalty times to ensure that both steel and paper were scored equally so the following penalties and times will be used at all future TC events.

Procedural: 3sec

Non-Threat: 5sec

Paper/Steel/Clay Not Hit: 5sec

Paper/Steel/Clay Not Engaged: 10sec

Failure To Do Right: 20sec

The Paper Not Hit time equates to the usual 10 points down so in the case of no hits on paper, only this penalty will be assessed, i.e., points down will only be given when there is at least one hit on paper.

Finally, the deadline for the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship Early Bird match fee is this Thursday, December 1st so if you want to take advantage of that, be sure your envelope is postmarked by then.

Thanks for the scoring input, folks, and hope to see you at the match.

The TC Team