Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie buys a Nighthawk Dominator for SS and is questioning the purcha

Bandog

PROPER DISPOSAL !

BanDog,

JUNK and send that Ole NiteHawk pistol to me for proper disposal.

Buy yourself a SV or STI tricked out with 5 magazines tuned of course. About $4000, help the economy. LOL

Have Fun be SAFE,

Perry

Thanks Perry! I will take that into deep consideration! Nick

i know where your coming from with the SV. After i found there page on here last feb. i thought about it for the next month and then ordered one the first week of march.it came in 7 months later. after the first time i shot it i was completely hooked. sold a few of my other guns and just ordered a new one in single stack form. it should be here in 9 months.

Hey Mr Nick / aka BanDog,

I think, not for absolute, when you order a SV you will be on a 8-to 10 months waiting list.

Last week on Top Shot they were throwing ROCKS, you could try that, practice would be cheap. Plus after 8 months you would have a arm like "POP EYE" and be in great shape. LOL

Em Rules Lawyers and Hard Core IDPAers would go crazier than a woods rat if you showed up with a wheelborrow full of rocks.

Kidding around,

Perry

Hello I shot Limited 10 years ago in my twenties and loved it. Though I moved and stopped shooting USPSA and IDPA. For some reason well there are reasons but those are trivial as to why I picked the Single Stack division to get back into USPSA. I did not do my research and thought a Nighthawk Dominator would be a good gun for Single Stack. Well that's before I shot my friends Infinity .45. I have not shot the Dominator. The only modification I did was put a Dawson fiber optic sight on it. I was considering replacing the mag well with a Tech Well , putting an SVI short curved trigger in, extended magazine release (if you have recommendations please say)

http://www.brownells.com/mobile/aspx/search/product.aspx?pid=24676

Yeah it's hard for a Nighthawk to look sexy when up against an Infinity. I am sure I would

take a hit selling the Nighthawk. What could I do to improve it? I think the 4.5 lbs trigger pull a bit heavy I was thinking 3.5 to 3. I want an SVI short curved trigger. I spoke to Bob

inventor of the Tech Well and given 2011 line up at USPSA Single Stack and how many

were using it seems a given. I run my carry gun and my past duty gun with slim grips and a

medium solid trigger. I do not have big hands my trigger finger is short so if I go to the

Tech Well I'll need to run a short trigger due to the full size grips that come along with it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121399&st=0&p=1372686&hl=techwear%20magwell&fromsearch=1entry1372686

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121399&st=0&p=1372686&hl=techwear%20magwell&fromsearch=1entry1372686

Get yourself a book and an SV trigger and I bet you can have the trigger installed/fitted and your trigger a bit lighter with just a few hours' work. Best part is that you'll learn how to take your gun apart, which is a useful skill! Just make sure to function test your gun before taking it to the range.

PROPER DISPOSAL !

BanDog,

JUNK and send that Ole NiteHawk pistol to me for proper disposal.

Buy yourself a SV or STI tricked out with 5 magazines tuned of course. About $4000, help the economy. LOL

Have Fun be SAFE,

Perry

I know Nighthawk builds Wilson knock off crap! Though I would not want to burden you with such a hunk of junk:) No seriously Nighthawk cannot or is unwilling to do a 2 lbs trigger job. They build fighting guns and are stuck at 4.5 lb trigger pulls. You start talking low they get nervous. I am sending it off to get the S&A mag well opened up, over sized ambi safety, 2- 2.5 lb trigger pull, install an SVI trigger, Ed Brown over sized magazine release and squared trigger guard from one of the well know smiths on this site. It will take a month but will post photo's as soon as it is done. Thanks for all the feedback. Bandog

BanDog,

I hope you realize I was just kidding, Nitehawks are very good quality pistols.

A shop here had a used one just like new, a friend of mine bought it for about $800 shoots great.

When Money is tight some folks switch from .45ACP to 9MM & .40, ammo and re-loading supplies are more econo. The reason for this statement is , The only Nitehawks I have ever seen were .45ACP I DO NOT KNOW if they make 9s or 40s.

Have FUN and be SAFE,

Perry

Edited by perrysho

• 2 months later...