Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All the cool American Shooters have one...

dirtypool40

So after a local match I am sitting in the kitchen of a guy "down range" in South America, and like IPSC shooters everywhere we are fondling the guns, talking about stuff that doesn't matter like dustcover length, or how many lightening cuts.

I have to borrow equipment to shoot with these guys right now, but I bring my belt and mags every time I come down. (I will have my stuff here soon, don't cry for me).

Anyway their guns range from cutting edge artwork from gunsmiths like Taglia in Argentina, to stuff found after they cleared the set of Road Warrior!!! Some of these guys really have to make do. :blink:

So I am eyeing the prettier, better set up "standard" guns and a thought occurrs; how could I make sure that their gun would work for me if I had to borrow it at a match?......hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

So I put on my straw Tom Sawyer hat and pipe up with "That guns is pretty cool, but you know what it's missing? A little hole in the front of the trigger guard. ALL the cool US shooters have one in their gun. It is THE hot lick." I have been showing them a few things, how (I have seen or read on here) the top guys are doing stuff. I shot a pretty good match , winning standard with a borrowed gun. So they are listening. B) They translate my comment into very dramatic Spanish with body laguage accentuating how ALL the studs have this feature.

My buddy's gun is cut like that, you know the little pin hole in the front of the trigger guard, and he beats them all about 90% of the time, so they are REALLY listening. (Now bear in mind with the exception of my rig there isn't a Ghost holster in the country. A discussion ensues between the newer, less experienced shooters; have the gringos discovered something about grip flex, or is it for gripping with the left hand trigger finger?

They are passing my buddies gun around, comparing it to their uncut guns. I sit there chewing on my lip to keep from cracking up. I don't speak a word, but I can tell that the theories are FLYING around that kitchen.

My buddy can only stand about 30 seconds of it when he says, in badly accented Spanish "He's @#$^-ing with you guys, he just wants you to cut that hole so YOUR gun will fit HIS holster.

Damn, and it almost worked. <_<