Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Extensions, Follower, Mag Well

Robert King

I am looking to get all three for my XDm 5.25. Has the Arredondo or Power Pistol extenstions been getting more play and what brand is running better? The Arredondo looks like it could fall off if treated roughly, but is a lot cheaper cost. I was looking at the Power Pistol Unlimited for a Magwell. Anyone using it?

The CC base pad kit will get you the highest capacity(24 +1 9mm-21 +1 .40) and will fit the 140mm gauge. These base pads will work with any mag well out on the market but, they were designed along with the CC mag well.

Rich

I like my Canyon Creek extensions, but I dont like having to remove that tiny allen head screw to take apart. I have been running mine all year without the screw with no issues, but its always in the back of my mind, worrying me.

Dawson said they are in the process of building tool-less basepads and an Ice magwell for the XDM. Thats where I will be going for my next basepads and magwell..

I am looking to get all three for my XDm 5.25. Has the Arredondo or Power Pistol extenstions been getting more play and what brand is running better? The Arredondo looks like it could fall off if treated roughly, but is a lot cheaper cost. I was looking at the Power Pistol Unlimited for a Magwell. Anyone using it?

Power Pistol? Did you mean Pistol Gear? I use both (Pistol Gear) mag extensions and their magwell. Pricy yes . . . the best out there, again yes. Others claim to have a higher capacity but, from my experience that is not so. In 40 caliber my mags hold 21 rounds. One down the pipe and I start a stage with 22 rounds.

Of course one must use the follower supplied to get that kind of capacity. And, in doing so the slide will no longer lock open on the last round. That is not an issue for me, as I never run my gun dry.

As for the mag well, the quality is there and it is easily removed. However, it takes some work to get a nice transition on the inside. I had to remove quite a bit of material from the gun, to get a smooth transition. After that . . . excellent.