Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Team slide or gun?

Maksim

So I now have and totally love the EAA Elite Limited. I have been toying with the idea of an open gun, either a CZ Czechmate which I loved at the shot show or the EAA Gold Team. Considering I already have the limited, can i just get the slide? or should i just get a second complete gun?

Also, assuming the 9mm Gold team will hold up to 9 major loads?

Get a second gun. It may be more work up front to work up a new trigger and sear again, but it'll be well worth not having to keep going back and forth and wondering if you need to re-zero the optics each time you put it back on.

• 1 month later...

I will let you know. I just got my .38 super top end for my limited custom .40 large frame. Felt like the slide rails were very tight and a little rough so I took some 1000 grit to smooth them out. I will let you know how it works out. I dont' see how sighting it in would be a pain for the each top end. My .40 goes back on the same way it came off. The optic may be off a little when I remount it, but I would test it out before a match anyway.

• 3 months later...

I will let you know. I just got my .38 super top end for my limited custom .40 large frame. Felt like the slide rails were very tight and a little rough so I took some 1000 grit to smooth them out. I will let you know how it works out. I dont' see how sighting it in would be a pain for the each top end. My .40 goes back on the same way it came off. The optic may be off a little when I remount it, but I would test it out before a match anyway.

Hi Mo, Could you share your experience with your new slide? Do you have to do a lot of fitting? If so, what will it be? I am thinking to get the v12 port Gold team top end and wonder if it will easily be fitted into my existing Witness Gold team. Thanks

It did require some fitting. It worked ok after I got the extractor tuned. Then I got a hold of two used Open guns,..sold one, and use the bad lug one for parts. Used the bottom end with short dust cover with the new .38 super top end I had purchased. Had to do some fitting as the frame was too big and the slide rattled around. Nothing a vice is not capable of fixing (just be carefull not to rush it, you don't want to over due it and crack the frame). When you put the mount screws in and tighten the mount, it tended to make it loosen up again, so don't be afraid to tighten it up good. Works great now, and I have two complete guns. (.38 super, and .40 Limited). I sold off the complete 38super comp, and kept all the spare parts and some mags. All in, I think about $1000. for the top end and now I have a complete gun, Cmore, and a bunch of spare parts and mags. Selling off everything else, some of it parted out and made my money back.