Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11-87 and optima

SVI4ME

I have the melted in JP mount for my 11-87. The optima I have took a dump on me. I had a Arredondo battery pack and the contact in the Optima broke.

Who fixes these now?

Will the Doctor sight fix the JP mount I have cut into my rib?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

The Docter won't fit the Optima/JPoint pattern. JP repairs 'em for a flat $50 if I remember correctly. I would suggest running two CR-2016 batteries (one 2032 is normal) rather than using the Arredondo battery pack. You might also try Gramms Engineering and see if a repair can be had there.

--

Regards,

Well if you file off most of the locating posts the Doctor does fit.

But as George says, not really. You could probably drill and tap in some little allen key studs in the right place to act as location posts.

I just sat my Doctor on the JP mount, the main screws do fit, its just the location posts to make it sit firmly that dont. Its tight forward and aft, but could turn a little sideways if you knock it firmly.

I have no real problems with it moving on the filed mount, but would suggest tapping in some little allen key headed studs for best effect on the mount.

Mind you if anyone knows where to get a melted doctor mount already setup from let me know. Id like one myself :)

Rich