Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38: Jacketed 121-125gn Jacketed Bullets

noylj

I have been trying TiteGroup in several cartridges and have never gotten consistently good results.

However, recently I have been trying to find some accurate loads for my .38 Supers using 121-124gn jacketed bullets. I have found many very promising loads, but the two powders that have been the most consistent in terms of accuracy across the range of charge weights have been Silhouette and TiteGroup.

TiteGroup has not produced any groups over 3" at 25 yards, and has been grouping in the range of 1.50-1.94" with charge weights of 4.0-4.7gn.

Silhouette has also been excellent, with groups ranging from1.13-1.97" from 6.8-7.5gn.

Any one else find the same thing?

The most accurate load I have ever made in 38Super was with the following.

115gr Sierra JHP 8110

Starline 38Super Brass New unfired

Federal GM100M primers, small pistol match

Hodgdon Titegroup 4.8gr

OAL can't remember but somewhere around 1.225"

Two groups .85" and .87", first five of the .85" went into .55". 5 of the 6 of the .87" group went into .62", the fourth (IFRC) was the "flyer".

The new Zero is showing excellent promise. I have a new shipment arriving this month and will be trying some more. Gun is now 80K rounds older and still keeps it under 1.5" with Zero or Sierra, but Sierra is consistantly better over all. New Zeros will tell the tale soon.