Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

revisit holsters anyone?

50cal

I have sifted through the wealth of info referencing Ghost and Limcat holsters. Some of it is not too recent, all of it seems to split preference down the middle. I am interested in those who have switched from a Ghost to the Limcat or vice-versa. Exactly why have I been hearing lately, that the Ghost is faster?

I think I'm pretty well sold on Limcat mag holders (barring any new comments).

Since I have almost entirely completed the entire Open Gun set-up :) I know I will accumulate a pile of gear (from powder and bases to belts and mag holders) in my closet worth hundreds of dollars, that I will have experimented with and subsequently replaced. I do not expect to eliminate this phenomenon, but your help will definitely minimize the cost :)

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Still like my LimCat over the old Ghost.... but I have not tried a new Ghost, without the pin.

Alot of guys seem to like the Garcia Xtreme holster as well, now..... CR Speed seems to have gained in popularity lately ....

I'd be curious to hear new comments on this subject as well.

I've used both very recently. A Limcat for about 3 months and now a Ghost for the last month or so.

I clearly prefer the Ghost. It's slightly faster for me. More adjustable with extra dimensions of adjustment. *Much* easier to get where you want it on a CR Speed belt and stays in place more securely since it can be clamped down. I also found it to be more secure - a coat nearly dropped the gun out of the Limcat twice whereas the Ghost has multiple locking positions. Finally, I had the gun bind in the Limcat twice and I've not had that happen with the Ghost, except for the time that the mounting screws had come loose and the holster slipped down to the point where the lock wouldn't engage but that counts as operator error!

In the last few months, I've bought a number of the top rated holsters (including the Limcat, SppedSec/Extreme, CR), tried them and the Ghost is the one I'm using today.

The Limcat is miles ahead on style points though so you might want to factor that in :P

Any of the top of the line holsters will do a fine job so some of it just comes down to what fits best with your style ...

As far as mag puches go, I've tried a bunch of those too :wacko: and I'm using an Extreme for the front pouch and 773s for the rest. I've tried CR, 771s, ...

Yes, I know one could do well enough with Kydex and leather but I freely admit to being a gear freak and want the best (for me) :D

As always YMMV ...

Kevin