Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock parts in Cebu City

hal1955

I currently live in Cebu City in the Philippines.Does anyone here know where to find glock factory and after market parts here? I've done the google searches and visited some gun shops here but no luck so far.

Edited by hal1955

I shoot a G35 Gen4 at IDPA matches here in the US, and I'd like to get a G35 Gen4 in Manila so I can shoot IPSC/IDPA matches there.

Where's the best place in Manila to get a G35 Gen4? How much does it cost there?

Thanks.

Why not just buy it here in the US and have it shipped there in the Philippines? I think it'll be more expensive to buy over there coz of the taxes and some others fees that will add up on the price. Anyway if it's just parts it legal to ship it world wide but not the receiver or the part considered as gun. :cheers:

What??? That's insane. That's $2,500!!! You can buy a G35 for $500 here!

Why is it so expensive there?? I mean, you can build a very good Limited gun (eg Para frame, barsto barrel, etc) from scratch for $2,500 in Manila, from what I understand.

Glocks have become extremely popular (despite lousy ergonomics, trigger, etc) because they're great value guns: reliable AND affordable. If they're that expensive there, might as well build a 2011 frame gun from scratch.

Timawa,

I'm trying to get/buy a Glock gun in Manila, not just minor parts.

Oh ok, i was responding to hals post. But you don't have any choice, for sure it'll be expensive. The thing is, in the Philippines there so much legal processes to follow. And by the time you get your certificate/license to carry or own a gun you'll already spent thousands of pesos. I f you have friends in the military or police it might be easier to acquire one by posting the original owner then tranfer it to you. :cheers:

Timawa,

I understand most imported things in the Philippines are more expensive than in the US. But I'm asking why the Glock G35 is disproportionately more expensive.

As to the cost of a permit, that's beside the point. Those are set costs that will be incurred regardless of the price you get the gun for.

As to transferring the gun: assuming the gun stores in Manila sell to civilians and Law Enforcement alike, how would transferring it from an LEO matter?

Thanks.

Kamagong Gun Club 8 Tyrone Mercader Yu Sing Bldg. 103 F. Ramos St. Cebu City 032-253-0554 / 032-253-7681 junliao45@yahoo.com

Dumaguete Shootists Association 8 Roy T. Cang c/o Bethel Guest House, Rizal Boulevard Dumaguete City 6200 (035) 422-8000 / (035) 422-8003 dsadumaguete@yahoo.com

Front Sight Gun Club, Inc. 8 Ernesto Reyes Zone I-018 Lagtang Talisay City, Cebu 032-273-1296

Maybe these guys can help you.

• 4 weeks later...

That's actually not bad. CZ Shadows run from $900-$1,100 here in the US, depending on the model. That $300 markup is still a LOT better than the crazy P100,000 price tag of the Glock that someone here posted -- a G35 here is only $500-600, or around P23,000!

Does anyone else have any idea how much a G35 Gen 4 costs in Manila? If not, do you have a phone # of a few good gun stores? I want to call them myself and get a quote and find out if the P100,000 price is fair or just an outlier.

Is the 100,000 php the normal price for a G35 there?

I.m not sure what the price if a Glock is here because I don't see many. A CZ Shadow I looked at was about $1200.00 US.

Just called Aquila Firearms. They don't have G35s, whether Gen3 or Gen4.

Price of G19/G22 Gen3 is P45,000, or $1,100 -- double what they cost here in the US, where they sell for ~$500. Still, that's a lot more reasonable than P100,000!

That's actually not bad. CZ Shadows run from $900-$1,100 here in the US, depending on the model. That $300 markup is still a LOT better than the crazy P100,000 price tag of the Glock that someone here posted -- a G35 here is only $500-600, or around P23,000!

Does anyone else have any idea how much a G35 Gen 4 costs in Manila? If not, do you have a phone # of a few good gun stores? I want to call them myself and get a quote and find out if the P100,000 price is fair or just an outlier.

Is the 100,000 php the normal price for a G35 there?

I.m not sure what the price if a Glock is here because I don't see many. A CZ Shadow I looked at was about $1200.00 US.