Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holy Mushroom Batman!

This really blows me away. I cut the grass last night, as in 24 hours ago. I just let the dogs out tonight to do their nightly duty before going to bed and did a double take when I stepped out in the yard. This mushroom is (or i should say was because i picked it and threw it in the woods so the dogs didn't eat it), at least 4 inches tall, and close to 3" in diameter!!!! It grew over night to that size. I should have let it grow to see if it doubled in size overnight tonight, but I was afraid the dogs would eat it for breakfast tomorrow. God knows what that would do to them.

I don't think i've ever seen anything grow that quickly before. Forgive the crappy picture, I took it with my cell phone.

Any horticulturalists out there that know what this ( beside a wild mushroom ) and how they grow so fast?

DSC_0418.jpg

Looks like what we used to call a puff ball mushroom, but looking at the pic from my phone its hard to tell. I didnt think they were poisonous, and our Lab's wouldnt mess with them.

They would pop up overnight, then grow a little, and dry out within a couple days. They were fun to mow over because of the dust explosion.

I should have let it grow to see if it doubled in size overnight tonight, but I was afraid the dogs would eat it for breakfast tomorrow. God knows what that would do to them.

Very bad things, good call throwing it out before the dogs had a go at it.

Sago Palm is worst for the dog = the Sago is a dog killer

I remembered that post from Bayou about the Sago. When I saw this damn thing in the yard I thought, I'm not taking any chances.