Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using a Model 10 for USPSA?

psychephylax

I shoot a Combat Masterpiece in USPSA, ICORE, and Steel Challenge. As Mike said, nothing will interchange except the belt. I use Safariland Comp III speedloaders and 333 speedloader carriers on a CR Speed belt. Ask around, someone will have and loan whatever you need to try a match.

Paul

Model 10s are "common" enough in IDPA, fwtw. If you want to shoot with speed loaders they're a fine gun. Most prefer a 66 or a 686, but the 10s are good guns. The "teens" models are used as well.

Edited by gr7070

That 125 pf is stout in a light K frame. The recoil comes straight back into your hand and after a while that gets old, did I say painful. Reason I switched to a L frame.

I would also be concerned about shooting 125 + pf in such a fine old gun. It was never designed to shoot much over 120 pf. Lots of shooting might cause premature wear and tear plus timing issues.

If a K frame is your desire, A model 19 would probably be better for shooting revolver class minor. The metal treatment was designed for moderate shooting with a 158 .357 magnum load so a 38 plus P should work fine.

Edited by coldchar