Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Gold Team and Henning parts questions

lowroller

Hi Everyone,

So I just ordered my Witness Gold Team 9mm it will be here in two days. I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have ordered the Alex C-more mount from Henning as well. Now don't laugh if this is a stupid question, this is my first foray into pistol mounted optics. With the Alex C-more mount, am I going to have to remove the mount everytime I take the gun down?

Next question, I'll admit is superficial but lets all be honest the gun looking cool is important.

Do any of the bearcoat colored grips from Henning match or pair well with the colored C-more sights?

And Finally...

This is my first witness so what else do I need for upgrades? Springs, tight fit slide pin, thumb rest, etc.?

Keep in mind that while this may someday be used in competition, the main purpose of this gun for now will be to invoke fear, envy and wonder in the hearts of all of my friends and range mates. :devil: Oh ya, it would be nice if I could shoot 1" groups at 50 yards too. :D

Talk to Henning he can give you some advice on the gun.

NO..u dont need to take the alex mount to take the topend off

to clean it.The Pewter(grey) grip blends nice with the finish of the gun.

Upgrades would be Trigger kit, Guiderod, magwell,recoilspring,pinkits,mag basepads.

Gun have about 2.5lbs out of the box, kind of spongy and dont break crisp. it wears out

preety fast too. HIGHLY recommended..dont do upgrades on the gun until you reach about 3000rds.

check the barrel lugs to see if theres metal peening off! if it does send it back to have them repair.

EAA will not repair any gun that has been modified..

Edited by shooterbenedetto

So I received my Alex c-more mount today from Henning. Looks like it is great quality with nice finish. My issue is since it is double sided how am I going to be able to take down the pistol with the factory slide racker on it? Now I like the mount and want to keep it. I'm assuming I that I am either going to need to remove the slide racker or remove the mount everytime I break it down. Which would you do?

Edited by lowroller

• 1 month later...

Talk to Henning he can give you some advice on the gun.

NO..u dont need to take the alex mount to take the topend off

to clean it.The Pewter(grey) grip blends nice with the finish of the gun.

Upgrades would be Trigger kit, Guiderod, magwell,recoilspring,pinkits,mag basepads.

Gun have about 2.5lbs out of the box, kind of spongy and dont break crisp. it wears out

preety fast too. HIGHLY recommended..dont do upgrades on the gun until you reach about 3000rds.

check the barrel lugs to see if theres metal peening off! if it does send it back to have them repair.

EAA will not repair any gun that has been modified..

can you elaborate on this?