Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have a PE question

trouble

Shot a cof a while back that went like this... Engage T1,T2,T3 while retreating to cover, then engage T5 and T6 strong hand only. I forgot about using weak hand only and shot it freestyle. I was given 2 PE for engaging 2 targets wrong. Is this right or should it have been only 1 PE?

One.

I am not real clear on the stage; strong hand only, weak hand only or both?

Any road, if you shot any number of targets freestyle instead of onehanded, you should have gotten one PE.

The rule book says:

"Only one (1) PE is assessed for each type of infraction in a string of fire."

The Addendum allows for multiple Cover PEs but nothing else.

Sorry , I forgot to mention T4. T1 T2 T3 T4 were shot retreating to cover with 2 shots anyway you wanted to. Then once I made it to cover I reloaded with retention and shot T5 and T6 with two hands in order, with 2 shots per target. T5 and T6 should have been engaged strong hand only. I got 2 PE for this and I think it should have been only one. I was told 2 PE because it was 2 targets engaged the wrong way.

Sorry , I forgot to mention T4. T1 T2 T3 T4 were shot retreating to cover with 2 shots anyway you wanted to. Then once I made it to cover I reloaded with retention and shot T5 and T6 with two hands in order, with 2 shots per target. T5 and T6 should have been engaged strong hand only. I got 2 PE for this and I think it should have been only one. I was told 2 PE because it was 2 targets engaged the wrong way.

SO was wrong - should have been on PE.

The rulebook clearly states one PE per type of infraction per string. The addendum lists cover violations and reloads as the only exceptions this. It seems like one PE would be the correct ruling. This does raise the question of why you should be scored the same as someone who realized the error after the first target and made a correction. However, the rules as written don't seem to leave room for much debate.

Thanks for the replies. I questioned the SO about it and told him I did not agree. It was just a monthly club match and I was not going to get into a argument over it. But it would put me first in SSP overall instead of second. Can you guess who did place in first??? O well At least I know the rule now.