Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which timers for a new club?

Chills1994

Hi all,

I am the "match director" for the fairly new USPSA club at the World Shooting and Recreation Complex, in Sparta, IL:

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/worldshooting/

Instead of relying on some of our shooters to bring their timers with them, we are contemplating buying timers in bulk. We run 6 stages, so we would like to buy at least 6 timers.

We also have some steel plates, enough to run several steel challenge stages simultaneously. Just recently, we have been the focal point for the area with respect to getting the scholastic steel challenge programs going at a few different schools.

I shoot an outlaw version of steel challenge at another club. We have these little yellow timers (manufacturer unknown?) and these bigger digital displays that sit on tripods. The little yellow timer sends a radio signal to the bigger display to show the time the string was shot in.

As far as I know, only CED has the radio frequency linked timers and Big Board Displays.

Do you guys know of anyone else making such a thing?

As far as any other timer designs go, I only know about the PACT's and Competition Electronics ones. Anyone else out there I should know about?

Thanks!

Chills,

Read THIS. I think that sums up the available timers pretty well. I'm used to the yellow RU Ready timers, but they do not like the heat. Whatever you buy, make sure you have at least a couple of spares on hand; it's faster to hand a squad a working timer, and then to diagnose/fix theirs, while they're running shooters again....