Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Masters...

Bill Schwab

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get the rulebook and course of fire from the match administrators.  Here’s the deal, three events: the handgun action event, long range event, and the precision event.

Action event is three stages, 45 targets.  Five steel targets per stage, with three runs at each stage.  Maximum of six shots per run.  Minor is the power factor floor.  Steel guns are typical.

Long range event is 45 targets, 45 shots max.  It’s broken down into three stages, each consisting of a ten round phase and a five round phase.  Targets are steel discs of 6, 9 & 12 “ diameter, and are set at 75, 100, 150 & 200 meters.  I understand that the time constraints make this course challenging.  There are prone and offhand portions.  XP-100’s are typical.

Precision event is again 45 targets, with 45 shots max.  Three stages containing three phases of five targets each.  You fire at 1.77” & 4.5” targets at 25 & 50 meters using a standing one-handed hold.  22 bullseye style guns rule the day here.

I could swear you could only have a scope of two of the three handguns, but I’ll be darned if I can find it in the rule book!!