Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black T Finish Wear Report

doc540

I couldn't be more satisfied with the performance of the late Walter Birdsong's "Black T" finish.

My Commander has had thousands of cycles from thousands of rounds down the pipe.

And the plastic, Fobus holster had contacted the frame and slide at least a thousand times.

Not too bad (considering they charged me less than $100)

The .45 Commander is in their hands right now, too.

DSCN0055-1.jpg

DSCN0051-1.jpg

DSCN0048-1.jpg

DSCN0050-1.jpg

And, no, the worn areas still will not rust or corrode.

+1 on the Birdsong finish...... I have a Colt 1911 finished in 1992 or '93 that has been RUN HARD. Finish is tuff stuff and no rust. Mine shows scratches but is well worth having. Working gun that works everytime.

And ref the fobus holster................... The number to Milt Sparks Holsters is 208-377-5577 :cheers:

I have a Colt 1991-A1 Compact that had the Black T finish put on back in the early 90's. I have carried this gun concealed in leather IWB and kydex paddle holsters all this time down here in the desert and it has NEVER rusted! The black finish has worn through on the edges to the silver finish underneath but no signs of corrosion anywhere. I still find it hard to believe this finish has held up so well after all these years. Black T is amazing! I'm glad to hear Bob Birdsong is still finishing guns after all this time, I may need another gun done sometime. :cheers: