Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

abandoned gun at gunsmith rules

Max It

HI D Carter and other friends,

the basic problem which hasnt been resolved is IT HAS TO BE INVENTORIED EVERY SO OFTEN. That means take it out of the safe, check the numbers in the book, and put it back in the safe.

now that may not seem a lot to you young 'wipper snappers' but it is a pain in the a... to those whose backs act up.

so my question remains- how long to keep it before selling or otherwise disposing of it? ATF, State, County, City, lawnmower or pawn police??

much obliged,

Max It

HI D Carter and other friends,

the basic problem which hasnt been resolved is IT HAS TO BE INVENTORIED EVERY SO OFTEN. That means take it out of the safe, check the numbers in the book, and put it back in the safe.

now that may not seem a lot to you young 'wipper snappers' but it is a pain in the a... to those whose backs act up.

so my question remains- how long to keep it before selling or otherwise disposing of it? ATF, State, County, City, lawnmower or pawn police??

much obliged,

Max It

No, I understand. I don't know how long you should keep the ones you currently have. That would be up to an attorney. My point was, in the future, I would add a clause onto furture work orders telling folks what to expect if items are not picked up within a certain time frame. That way all of your bases are covered.