Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some shots I like

Standby!

• 2 weeks later...

Those are nice shots...tell us what is your setup? The miniature pic really looks like they were toys...I like how you blur the background and the foreground...Did you use software?

Those are nice shots...tell us what is your setup? The miniature pic really looks like they were toys...I like how you blur the background and the foreground...Did you use software?

It's an effect in the camera that just blurs the foreground and background while allowing you to keep what you want in focus. I used to haul my Canon Rebel DSLR around but recently switched to a 14 megapixel full function point and shoot from Canon, for portability. I give up some by using this camera, but not much..so it's worth it. I Paid around $240 for the camera the model is a Canon Powershot SX210 IS.

The only software I have for image editing is GIMP, a free program that works really well..especially for free! These images have had a minor amount of color levels and a pinch of contrast, that's all. Nothing fancy going on here.

Edited by Standby!

Nice effect. typically done with a tilt/shift lens which gives it that "tiny" look...which isn't really what a TS lens is for but this is becoming a popular style...and still it is much harder to do with a TS lens.

I just got a TS lens am I'm still working out the procedure for consistent tiny shots. The real use for TS is controlling perspective for architecture and product photos. A tilt sift lens can make all the pieces on a chess board have their heads in focus but the base out of focus byt shifting the focal plane.

Nice bike too!

PS here's a neat example using time lapse...not my sample but cool.

Nice effect. typically done with a tilt/shift lens which gives it that "tiny" look...which isn't really what a TS lens is for but this is becoming a popular style...and still it is much harder to do with a TS lens.

I just got a TS lens am I'm still working out the procedure for consistent tiny shots. The real use for TS is controlling perspective for architecture and product photos. A tilt sift lens can make all the pieces on a chess board have their heads in focus but the base out of focus byt shifting the focal plane.

Nice bike too!

PS here's a neat example using time lapse...not my sample but cool.

I ride a lot..and I'm lucky enough to be able to ride from my garage to the mtb trails..I also enjoy night riding..so of course I had to..

IMG_0137.jpg