Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Pro 100

I recently purchased a Case Pro 100 from one of the Forum members. Does the use of the Case Pro 100 mean I should no longer have to case size the cases after using the Case Pro? If yes, what is the point of using the Case Pro?

Edited by The_Vigilante

I recently purchased a Case Pro 100 from one of the Forum members. Does the use of the Case Pro 100 mean I should no longer have to case size the cases after using the Case Pro? If yes, what is the point of using the Case Pro?

The case pro only ruins the base of the case. You must still use your size die to return to proper dimensions. Expect poor neck tension, and setback among other problems if you fail to size your brass.

The casepro is for the part of the case that is not sized by your die due to it being in the shell plate and chamfer on the mouth of the die. If you case gauge, it fixes the part that normally fails. If you to the "drop in the barrel" method it might pass if clocked right (25%+- of hood) but cause a malfunction when entering the breech face. Not to mention it is the only method that cleans up the extractor grove.