Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Match

AGlock36

Nothing except WOW. That was the most fun that I have had in a very long time. I shot it at Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge. I hepled set up the match on Tuesday night. Then Shot Limited 10 after wards. Had a Blast. Got to shoot it again on Wednesday for Limited. Last place in both but WOW. That was just truly awesome. Figured out some things that I am doing wrong and some things I need to work on. Like pushing the barrel down to reduce felt recoil. Actually trying to watch the front site and not go fast. Just too name a few. WOW I will say it again. Truly amaizing. I am truly hooked. Have to give a huge thank you to a few that helped me out with suggestions and pointers:

Doug Johnson

Mike Hughes

Mary Hughes

Jeff Salzberg

Phil Strader

Thanks again to all of you for all of your support and tips.

WOOHOO that was fun.

:D :D :D :D

Paul Franklin

Ahhhhh. Music to my ears. Yet another victim of the IPSC bug.

Congratulations on your first experience, but be warned. The more matches you shoot, the more friends you'll make, then you're falling deeper and deeper into the "Best fun with your clothes on" abyss :)

Thank you very much.  It is the first in many that I will hopefully atain in my ride to GM.  Yellin YEEEEHAAWWWWW the whole way.  :D

Paul Franklin

Paul at your first match you have just picked 2 important pieces of luggage for your ride to GM.

First : lotta fun

Second : susceptibility to pointers and suggestions from others.

Safe journey to your GMstatus

Greetings

Adrie

Paul,

My only advice - and one piece I don't follow very well - but if you don't focus on making GM - you'll get there a hell of a lot quicker. Focus on the shooting, getting that piece perfected - and the GM card will magically show up in the mail one day.

Like I said - easy for me to say - hard for me to do.

Welcome though - glad to see another victim fall into the trap :P

Thank you very much to everyone. I am truly hooked. That and I love when people point out things that I may be doing wrong or could do another way. I truly enjoy that the people in this sport are so truly helpful. I just hope to give it back to other shooters as I progress. And yes now the work begins.

j1b,

While I do want to make GM. I am not focused on it. I have always found that if I just practice things and move at my pace it is usually quicker. I have the Goal of GM but it is not the prevailant one that I have. Having fun and shooting A's are my goals for the moment.

Thanks again to everyone. I really enjoy the comments and well wishes.

Paul Franklin