Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting back into the game and I have already screwed up on magazines

Bandog

Hello so I have my Nighthawk Dominator all set up how I like it for USPSA single stack thin grips, medium length trigger (both because I have short fingers) and a Dawson F.O. front sight. Of course it comes with a extended mag well so I figured heck I need extended base pads. I found that and it may be me that the USPSA rule hand book a bit confusing (you got it not all that smart or at least cannot read properly!) So I ordered some more Wilson 47DE's so that I could insure proper magazine insertion and they are great but now I know through proper research (which I should have done before) that they will not fit in the box. Though I read if you have adjustable sights it maybe possible. What magazines have the longest base pad allowed? I think it a foolish rule as I conceal carry my Talon everyday with two spare 47DE's because of the mag well. But the rules are the rules. Please help this clueless newbie out. Sorry if this has been gone over again and again. If it has please redirect me to the thread or threads that discuss this. Thanks Nick

Hello: If you can borrow a USPSA official box to put your single stack in you can cut down your base pads to fit the box. If not just get some 0.350" Wilson base pads for your 47's and make them 47D's. Those base pads will work for most magwells like the S&A and small Tech Well with the open front. Thanks, Eric

Hello: If you can borrow a USPSA official box to put your single stack in you can cut down your base pads to fit the box. If not just get some 0.350" Wilson base pads for your 47's and make them 47D's. Those base pads will work for most magwells like the S&A and small Tech Well with the open front. Thanks, Eric

No thank you Eric. Thanks Nick

That's pretty much what I did when I switched to 47DE's, except I built my own box and did a lot of test fitting while removing material from the pad. You'll find that you need to grind a little off the bottom of the basepads at an angle from the front to about 1/3 of the way back on the pad. I used a belt sander, then dressed them with fine grit paper by hand. Having the box really helped with figuring out how much and where exactly to grind.

Edited by 2MoreChains