Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Computer Gremlins

CZinSC

I hate it when you go to click an icon you use all the time, and it's not there! I went to open Excel using the icon in the Quick Launch toolbar, and it wasn't there. Worse that that, the Excel shortcut is no where to be found either, not on the desktop, or in the Start menu.

Damn computer gremlins hiding stuff again. No one else uses my work PC, so I can't blame anyone else and I sure as hell wouldn't have deleted it myself.

ARRRRR! Stupid Mondays!

I hate it when you go to click an icon you use all the time, and it's not there! I went to open Excel using the icon in the Quick Launch toolbar, and it wasn't there. Worse that that, the Excel shortcut is no where to be found either, not on the desktop, or in the Start menu.

Damn computer gremlins hiding stuff again. No one else uses my work PC, so I can't blame anyone else and I sure as hell wouldn't have deleted it myself.

ARRRRR! Stupid Mondays!

Try the recycle bin :roflol:

Glenn, we have an laptop at work that is doing something similar. Every time you reboot the computer the icons on the quick launch bar change. They still open the correct program, just different icons. If you close the quick launch bar and reopen it, everything is fine. Called IT and they looked at it, don't have a clue as to why. All of our systems are the same version of Windows and everything is self updated, but this one is funny.

Trey

You found the cause of the problem already. It's windows. I realize, that's what you have to work with, so there's nothing to be done for it, but, it's windows.

I agree! But like you said, it's what they use at work and we have to deal with it.

Trey

Biggest problem i had was not finding the Excel exe file to create another shortcut. Excel wasn't in the programs submenu or on the start list. Finally had an IT guy walk past my desk and he showed me where it was...never would have found on my own.