Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Holster Recommendation

Lubecktech

• 3 weeks later...

I am now recommending the Racemaster to anyone who will listen. I used a Ghost holster for the last two years and I liked it better than the Safariland I had been using, but the gun always seemed a little wobbly as there was a lot play. My STI grip is double undercut and that might have added to the looseness of of holster. I recently bought a DAA Racemaster and I am really impressed. The gun is rock solid in the holster and comes out so silky smooth I can't believe it is held as securely as it is. I could rattle the gun a bit coming out of the Ghost holster during the draw causing some sense of restriction, but the Racemaster is perfectly smooth with no side to side wobble. It won't be the cure for a bad draw, but it does provide me with a more reliable platform than the Ghost.

<-------there you have it. One thing to consider is whether your Mako mount will conflict with a Race Master. As you can see in my avatar, I have an SJC mount and my rail is clear. I'm not sure yours will be. Alot of guys that I know who run a rail mount optic use a CR Speed. Food for thought.....