Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to Fit a Witness Limited in a CR Speed

PHX

Hello again,

This is a more in depth instruction on how to make a Limited fit in a CR Speed. I was directed by Skydiver to visit http://www.brianenos...12 This gave me enough info to get the idea what I needed to do, but I would have liked to have a step by step walk through. So I decided to do one my self. Hopefully this is helpful.

For reference, this is what I started with: Holster.jpg

I started by marking out the material I needed to remove.

1.jpg

I read that the channel needed to be lengthened .5 inches. I decided to go a little more so I had more room to choose where I would place the retaining clip at the end.

After marking the plastic I took a small hand saw and made cuts along the perimeter. After I finished sawing I decided using a small cutting wheel in a dremmel may have been more time efficient. I don't know if I could have been as accurate though.

3.jpg

Once the perimeter was cut I set up an 1/8th inch 2 flute endmill bit in my drill press. I measured the depth of the recess to be .11 inches. I set the bit to only half that depth for the first pass to make it a little easier to cut the plastic. Then I moved the bit to the final depth. The drill press was set to run at 2500 RPM if anyone was interested. It cut the plastic very well.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The last part was to re-locate the hole for the screw. I placed the gun in the holster, and then looked through the top opening of the holster to see where the retaining clip needed to sit in order to engage the trigger guard properly. It worked out the clip needed to go all the way down to where I removed the plastic which was exactly .522 inches lower than the factory. Once the location was determined I used a punch the same diameter as the hole in the retaining clip to mark where I needed to drill. I put some paint on the plastic so I could see the mark a little easier. I used a .154 inch drill bit since I wanted it to be a tight fit when the screw was put back.

7.jpg

The final product is wonderful, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be to modify the holster. The plastic removal was the only time consuming part, but im sure if you used a chisel it would go faster. I just wanted to make sure the final surface was totally uniform.

8.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

I hope this is helpful, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, nice! Might be doing this soon myself, so its nice to have pics and steps where i can follow.

I know it takes twice as long when you're stopping to take pictures, so thanks for that.

Great job. I gave up on the CR Speed holster when my Limited fell out of it into the pumice. I monkeyed with it but could never get it to fit right, so I made a kydex holster and mag holders. It's great to see there is a fix for the CR Speed and maybe I'll look at them again.