Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre-Travel Trigger Screw: Limited: Will not move

kwesi

The pre-travel screw will not turn at all. I'm concerned that if I apply more pressure I may strip the head. Any tips short of removing the trigger from the gun? I've read that the factory my grind down the ends on some models. Possibly they even added some locktite. So if I remove the trigger to get more leverage any tips to still prevent the head from being damaged? Thanks!

Hopefully others have tips on how to loosen the pre-travel screw. Mine were relatively easy to turn once I got an Allen wrench long enough to get in there.

If you need to remove the trigger, watch Henning's video on how to detail strip the Limited: http://henningshootsguns.com/tech/tech.tanfoglio.frame.assembly.html

I had to remove the trigger, as the allen key I was using started twisting. Plus if you try to remove the screw with the trigger in the gun the screw will bind on the trigger spring. This happened to me and the screw bound up so tight that I stripped it. I then had to remove the trigger anyway to drill the screw out. :(

I had to remove the trigger, as the allen key I was using started twisting. Plus if you try to remove the screw with the trigger in the gun the screw will bind on the trigger spring. This happened to me and the screw bound up so tight that I stripped it. I then had to remove the trigger anyway to drill the screw out. :(

Update: after my 2nd range visit the pre-travel screw now adjusts fine! This is the best trigger I've ever had...wow! I'm thinking it might be tough switching back and forth with my Glocks even with the 3.5# connectors installed.