Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

# Rounds for break-in before buffing/polishing?

kwesi

With the Witness Limited 10mm & the recommended after market parts arriving next week I was wondering how many rounds I should fire before using the dremel. Of course I will clean it before firing. Thanks for everyone's help & suggestions, this being my first Tanfoglio.

With the Witness Limited 10mm & the recommended after market parts arriving next week I was wondering how many rounds I should fire before using the dremel. Of course I will clean it before firing. Thanks for everyone's help & suggestions, this being my first Tanfoglio.

Probably won't need to smooth anything out if you are replacing the hammer and trigger. The sides of the trigger bow and the barrel lug may need some help. If you shoot it enough, it will be very smooth without dremeling.

Probably won't need to smooth anything out if you are replacing the hammer and trigger. The sides of the trigger bow and the barrel lug may need some help. If you shoot it enough, it will be very smooth without dremeling.

The only parts that I'm adding before firing: Sprinco recoil rod and Wolf 20# spring. After test firing to confirm function I'll probably go with the Wolf 13# hammer spring + Henning x-long firing pin. Adjust pre & after travel screws, polish/buff any other parts that will improve the trigger.

• 1 month later...

After a few hundred rounds the pre travel screw loosened & I was able to adjust. Being a Glock guy using 3.5# disconnectirs, I had no idea trigger could be this sweet! Have not felt the need to polish anything yet. Haven't installed the 13# hammer spring or Henning firing pin yet. She is very accurate.

The slide will not lock open with the Sprinco + Wolf 20# but will with the factory spring. That's ok since the slide is protected. Might need to get the wolf 16 or 18# spring until I run hotter loads. Currently around 1150-1200.

yeah, the trigger is pretty good for out of the box. If you spend some time polishing the contact surfaces it gets even better.

I friend let me dry fire a CZ SP01 and all I could think was, "EEWWW, yuk!". The trigger was heavy, mushy and imprecise; and that was the single action!

Tanfoglio did the Limited right!