Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

springfield customer service? (cracked barrel)

joedodge

Hello all I noticed while cleaning my xd tactical the barrel locking lug has a crack half way through it its still solid and does not impede function. But my question is i want to mail it back to springfield but i dont want them to mess with any springs or my canyon creek trigger job will the refit a new barrel under warranty but not mess with any of the other stuff.

Joey-

I'd suggest contacting Springfiled direct on this. Depending on what you hear about fitting (may not be required) and if they just want you to send them the cracked barrel, I have a new XD Tactical that we can pull the barrel out of and put in your gun while you wait to get your barrel back from Springfiled.

dan

They will leave the CC trigger job intact, they know the work I do. Contact them and they will take care of the shipping both ways and put a new barrel in. Usually they do it in a very quick turn a round.

Rich

Thanks for the replys Dan and Rich, im going to call them monday morning and see what we can do to fix the issue. I just wasnt sure if they would go checking other stuff while they had it and fiddle with the work you did Rich. And thanks for the kind gesture Dan i appreciate it. Time to start looking for a backup gun lol.