Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACOG sight-in

Does anyone out there know what each "click" means when adjusting the ACOG TA-01 scope. First, what units we talking... miliradians (1/1000 of 57.296 degrees or ~3.6 inches @ 100 yds), "mils" (1/6400 of 360 degrees or ~3.53 inches @ 100 yds), minutes of arc (~1.O5" @ 100 yds), or ...? Second, what fraction of the units used is representated by each "click" (up/down & left/right) (e.g., one click will change the impact one tenth of a miliradian)

Thanks guys....I too have found that the ACOG seems to be "difficult". I've even had the pattern move opposite to the adjustment made. Sometimes I've had better luck using the old technique of, as an example: 3 clicks left, then 2 clicks right to achieve a 1 click left adjustment. I tend not to make any adjustments once I get the thing close....just because I can't be sure that the next "click" will improve things.

Thanks guys....I too have found that the ACOG seems to be "difficult". I've even had the pattern move opposite to the adjustment made. Sometimes I've had better luck using the old technique of, as an example: 3 clicks left, then 2 clicks right to achieve a 1 click left adjustment. I tend not to make any adjustments once I get the thing close....just because I can't be sure that the next "click" will improve things.

Gently tap your ACOG with a magazine after each adjustment.

TA-01 sight it in at 25yds. Theres an Air Force target on the web somewhere for ACOG's. Then fine tune it at 100yds. Trijicon mounts aren't great. LaRues are the best. Never take them off once sighted in. You have to practice a lot with that ACOG. It won't really settle in for a while. I have no idea why anyone would bang on a scope.

TA-01 sight it in at 25yds. Theres an Air Force target on the web somewhere for ACOG's. Then fine tune it at 100yds. Trijicon mounts aren't great. LaRues are the best. Never take them off once sighted in. You have to practice a lot with that ACOG. It won't really settle in for a while. I have no idea why anyone would bang on a scope.

It's printed in the Trijicon manual that after adjustments, the ACOG's prism will settle with the recoil of your rifle.

For those of us running compensated guns and holding them tightly, it might take more recoil than you fire in a sight in string (lets say it settles after 6 rounds and you shoot a 5 round group).

Edited by DyNo!

It's printed in the Trijicon manual that after adjustments, the ACOG's prism will settle with the recoil of your rifle.

For those of us running compensated guns and holding them tightly, it might take more recoil than you fire in a sight in string (lets say it settles after 6 rounds and you shoot a 5 round group).

I always tap ANY scope turret after making an adjustment, except precision turret scopes. Seen too many that dont move on initial adjustment. I dont like wasting ammo and frustration letting it "settle in". I know my Burris XTR doesn't move until you tap on it, nor does the TA31F.