Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draw times

Bill Schwab

Ladies and Gents,

What is considered a respectable draw time for an IDPA rig?  I'm shooting CDP with a 1911, and using a Blade-Tech...I'm real close to breaking into Master with my latest classifier times in the 90's.  

I can score a 10 yard center shot at an avg time of 1.2, with the occasional 1.1...and if I push it I can score a so-so hit, which obviously isn't desirable, in 1.0 seconds, and occassionally 0.9-0.95 sec.

Bill

Bill,

If you can get minus zero every time at 1.2 seconds that is fast enough. If I want to be sure of a minus zero my draw and one shot is around 1.5 or so. You can't do one shot draws fast enough to make up even one point down.

BILL

Bill:

I am with the other Bill. Your draws are plenty fast enough. My draw time at 10 yds. runs around 1.4 to 1.6 to be sure of a center hit. I can get about 75 per cent of them in the center ring in .85  to 1.2 seconds, but you are a lot better off with a slower draw that works in the accuracy department.

I have checked my first shot from concealed draw at 1.1 to 1.25 zero points down. I run the "billdrill" 6 shots as fast as possible in 2 flat no points down in ESP. It's 2.2 with my Glock 35. I slowed down to comfortable pace on the last classifier for CDP and shot it in 92.4. Ishot slower but dropped a lot fewer points. I had never been able to break 110.If you can draw and shoot in 1.0 to 1.2 thats fast enough. I would concentrate on a different aspect. Stage 3 of the Classifier is the seperater between the classes.