Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Makeover

Foxbat

That pistol was mainly used as a backup, but has been 100% reliable, and would shoot all three common calibers - 38 Super, 38 SC and 9 Major without any changes or difficulties. Its trigger pull is feather-like 1 pound and 3 ounces, with no doubling or other ill effects.

But it was beginning to look somewhat pedestrian, so it was a time for a makeover. In addition, its Serendipity sight had developed the obligatory broken leg symptom.

Nothing major, yet the effect is in my view quite welcome. First, the Ice magwell was replaced with Cape.

Then the Serendipity was reworked as per Brazos instructions - it is very easy, this is the second scope I have redone like that.

A new mount was installed, and things took nice shape.

I kept the existing thumb rest for now... it blends nicely with the rest of the parts, I think. Its position is fine for me, the only issue is the need to remove it for disassembly. So I might make a new one later.

Anyway, here it is... still as strong as ever but looking fresher, I think.

Changing the magwell has rather pronounced effect on your grip. The hold angle changes, as the Cape supports your hand lower in the back, higher in the front. So the dot wants to be lower than it should. Nothing that can't be corrected with a few draws, but obvious when switching guns.

Comments?

post-21305-062102300 1306936269_thumb.jp

post-21305-080683600 1306936311_thumb.jp

post-21305-048352700 1306936321_thumb.jp

I changed to Cape magwells on all of my open and limited guns. I have big hands and with the Cape magwell I can get more contact with the grip. I did not notice the dot being lower maybe due to size of my hands and getting on the grip better.

Edited by Jaxshooter