Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA/IPSC/IDPA makes better shooters

Skydiver

I love what beltjones wrote in on of the other subforums:

Afterall, it's not the notion that new shooters are instantly competitive that gets people involved in the first place; rather, it's the notion that by getting involved they will get a lot better, a lot faster than they would otherwise. We need to get the word out about how fun this sport is, and how much better of a shooter it will make people, and not lower any standard toward any kind of common denominator.

I have to completely agree. I've seen shooters comeback from their first couple forays into USPSA/IPSC/IDPA. Their actual shooting accuracy/speed may not have gotten better immediately, but I immediately see the marked improvement in how they handle their guns, much better consciousness of muzzle direction, and the overall safety consciousness.

Edited by Skydiver

I love what beltjones wrote in on of the other subforums:

Afterall, it's not the notion that new shooters are instantly competitive that gets people involved in the first place; rather, it's the notion that by getting involved they will get a lot better, a lot faster than they would otherwise. We need to get the word out about how fun this sport is, and how much better of a shooter it will make people, and not lower any standard toward any kind of common denominator.

I have to completely agree. I've seen shooters comeback from their first couple forays into USPSA/IPSC/IDPA. Their actual shooting accuracy/speed may not have gotten better immediately, but I immediately see the marked improvement in how they handle their guns, much better consciousness of muzzle direction, and the overall safety consciousness.

I said it in the other thread....that's post-of-the-day material right there.