Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA CLASSIFICATION

bkeeler

I shoot ss in CDP but i want to know why the classifier times for CDP are the lowest of all divisions.(SSP 98.82 or less is master, CDP 91.76 or less is master)The power factor for SSP is 125,000 and the power factor for CDP is 165,000. How did they come up with these times? I always here that it is harder to shoot in CDP.

Actually the times are lowest in ESP.  Master requires a time in the 89 second range.  The theory was that it's easiest to shoot single action autos (Browning High Power, 1911) fast and hardest to shoot (really reload) revolvers fast.  So the times are staggered to allow more time for guns that are perceived to be harder to shoot.  However, I suspect that if you asked any one of the grandmasters to shoot the classified with a tuned DA auto, they'd still shoot master class scores.  The two second difference in ESP and CDP accounts for the lower power factor (125,000) that's also used in ESP.

i personally don't think SSP should be so high, if someone is good at the DA pull it won't make that much difference.

i think we need a Grand master, or some other class or way to honor the truely great shooters, i have seen shooters that can shoot it in the 70's that is plain blazing whatever gun you shoot it with.

i shot a 107 as my best so far, and that was with my beretta elite 2, i hope to do better in the spring the next time i shoot it, i think one can improve a lot in a year.