Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reloading for Steel Challenge?

enrico

Hello revo shooters of the world, in two weeks I will shoot the European Steel Challenge in Holland, does anyone know some good loading data for my 625 with 5" barrel.

I prefer VV N320 and now I use 230 Frontier copper plated RN for IPSC. If I have to change these two ingredients, I still prefer Vitha V. So please anyone can help me with your recipe?

I'm looking forward to it,tnxs

Best regards Eric C

Enrico, 2 weeks does not give you much time to experiment. The only loads that I have had any luck with on the Vit N320 was with a 185 Hollowbase bullet at 5.4 grains of VV N320. If you do not use a hollow base bullet the charge needs to be less. I also used 200 grain lead bullet and got good groups with it. At 4.5 grains for a 125 power factor. Be careful with any loads you get off the internet and approach with caution. We so make mistakes sometimes. Good luck and welcome to the forums. later rdd

• 2 weeks later...

For my light load I use 3.5 gr. VV N-310, Federal LP primer and 230 gr. Rainier plated bullet - ca 600 fps. Soft, accurate and knocks down steel with authority. A fellow shooter uses 3.8 gr. Trail Boss with the same bullet and primer for the same approximate velocity. The VV N-310 load is quite a bit cleaner burning and is my favorite.