Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USSA competition handgun course

Browtine

Has anyone attended US Shooting Academy's 3 day competition handgun course? I'm a new USPSA shooter and just recently classified as a low B and would like to take a formal course. This class is a significant time and money commitment so would like to hear feedback from anyone who has attended.

Thanks!

Has anyone attended US Shooting Academy's 3 day competition handgun course? I'm a new USPSA shooter and just recently classified as a low B and would like to take a formal course. This class is a significant time and money commitment so would like to hear feedback from anyone who has attended.

Thanks!

Ive heard lots of great things about it!!!!

FYI, Mike Seeklander will be teaching his "Your Handgun Training Program" at the OKC gun club July 7-9 ( the 7th is only from 6-9pm) PM-email me for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

I HIGHLY recommend any handgun course taught at USSA! I took a week long custom made tactical pistol instructor course for work about a year and a half ago and learned a lot. My shooting and instructing skills are much stronger because I attended this course. All the instructors are very professional and the instruction is very detailed, well organized, and overall top notch. Mike and Brian are both talented shooters/instructors. Any instructor that teaches at USSA is well credentialed. You'll definately get your moneys worth. Just my .02. Have fun and soak it up if you attend the course. Happy shooting.

I HIGHLY recommend any handgun course taught at USSA! I took a week long custom made tactical pistol instructor course for work about a year and a half ago and learned a lot. My shooting and instructing skills are much stronger because I attended this course. All the instructors are very professional and the instruction is very detailed, well organized, and overall top notch. Mike and Brian are both talented shooters/instructors. Any instructor that teaches at USSA is well credentialed. You'll definately get your moneys worth. Just my .02. Have fun and soak it up if you attend the course. Happy shooting.

+1 On this. I took the competition handgun course 2 years ago and felt it was of huge benifit. Seeklanders book with it's drills allows for progress to continue.

A friend of mine took the USSA course. He made A pretty quickly and was on his way to M when work got in the way.

The improvement came from little things. My friend was always quick and powerful in his movements but the techniques he learned from Seeklander upped his game a few notches.

Steve Anderson called it Whittling a Toothpick with a Chainsaw. 50 little things that made big improvements.

Mike Seeklander is an excellent choice as an instructor. Read his book and you can see how thorough he is in a training situation.

• 2 weeks later...