Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Put the wrong magazine in the gun ...

lawboy

Shot a classifier this past weekend just to get a little practice in for state next weekend.

On the first stage, I load and make ready as directed. I am feeling in the zone, ready to rock and roll!

At the buzzer, I bring the gun up and take my first shot. I press the trigger a second time. CLICK.

Tap. Rack. CLICK. Tap. Rack. CLICK. Pull magazine. That is when I notice that the magazine is hanging out of the gun

and had not locked into place. THEN I noticed that I had put a WILSON eight round magazine

into the gun but the magazine had the base pad for an OFFICER'S size frame! DOH.

I sometimes shoot several short 1911s and somehow I let this magazine get into the bag with the

mags set up for the full size guns.

Lesson learned, the hard way. :wacko:

better than the reverse??? i RO'd a guy one time who was shooting an officer's size .45 with full size 8 rd'rs...yup, you guessed it, slide lock reload he SLAMMED a mag home and hitthe slide release and......nuttin the slide went forward a tad, and banged into the back ofthe overstuffed mag that had went past the stock ejector and become jammed like noone's business, he DNF'd the stage and we hadto find a hammer and punch to getthe damnedthing out ofthe gun