Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wounded Warrior Project

Several weeks ago, I asked members of this forum to suggest a worthy charity for our Club to participate in. Several readers suggested the Wounded Warrior Project. I brought this idea before my Advisory Committee and they (and I) thought it a wonderful idea. Forthwith, I contacted the WWP on line and filled out their questionnaire. Shortly afterward, they agreed that our Charity Shoot would be acceptable to them. In the same message they left me a name and an e-mail address for the contact person (Julianna). Over the past four weeks, I have left four e-mail messages, and two telephone messages for Julianna, and have yet to receive a reply. Friday, May 13, I contacted the WWP once again by phone and the operator left a message with Julianna's boss, who promised to get back to me THAT day. Again, I received no response from them.

Have any of you worked with the WWP, and do you have some contact information that is not shown on their web sight? I would appreciate the information if you have it. Are they always this aloof??? All I want are some advertising materials, flyers, etc., so that our Club can get the word out.

If the WWP administration continues to ignore my club, do any of you have ideas for another worthy veteran's group?

It's surprising that WWP won't respond, particularly since they depend heavily on donations as I understand it. Should they continue to ignore your repeated requests, may I suggest that you consider donating the proceeds of the match to Honor Air? By now you've probably already read my response to your earlier post and in it I give details of my dad's recent Honor Air trip. It's a very worthwhile cause and one that desperately needs donations to continue to serve our greatest generation.

May want to contact Matt Burkett - he's done a lot of work with them and I'm sure he could get you some good info on who to talk to. I've always emailed Matt thru predator tactical (site vendor) and he's been very responsive.